Like any other wellness system, yoga therapy also puts proper nutrition in one of the first places to achieve an effective result. It is selected taking into account both the basic dogmas of the yoga philosophy and taking into account the human disease.
The diet consists mainly of:
- fresh vegetables and fruits,
- cereal bread,
- high-quality protein and iron sources
Meat of animals and birds are trying to completely exclude. There is also a taboo on canned,
fried, spicy, overcooked food.
It is also worth adhering to the general rules of yoga during meals:
- eat slowly, chewing food well,
- do not overeat, according to the rules, it is worth eating no more than 80-90% of the desired amount of food,
- you need to eat no later than two hours before bedtime,
- do not drink water during meals,
- coffee and tea – no more than 1-2 cups a day
- give up smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages.
There are also special complexes for weight loss, which are based on performing special
asanas that allow you to burn extra calories, as well as adjusting the nutrition system. With
yoga, the process of losing weight is slow – on average about 2 kg per month. But the special benefit of yoga for weight loss
is the fact that the lost kilograms do not return, and the body is in a greater and healthier shape.